Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pain is Necessary, Suffering is Optional

16 x small round
2 x big round

Around 15km, felt sharp twinge in sole of right foot but it was already 15km anyway so WTF just continue running. Came home, took off shoes. There was a bloody thumbtack embedded in the sole of my shoes and the tip had penetrated my skin. So I was running the last 5km with a bloody sharp metal thing in my foot. It's funny how the mind switches off when you're running. No wait it's not really funny. Bah you know what I mean. I had to extricate it carefully and then put Dettol.

Saw Kar Mun and she looked as pretty as ever (lovely hair!). She called out but I couldn't stop because once the legs are moving they can't stop till the mind says OK. (Sorry wei KM!) We should run together some time. When the haze isn't so bad.

Came back and had second breakfast, extremely large one, and now I shall continue reading The Clothes on Our Backs by Linda Grant, it is very nice and she is an excellent author. Makes you want to continue turning each page. I e-mailed IDP to say I wanted to turn down the interview with University of Western Australia next Tuesday but they called back immediately and said I should go. And since I'm lazy to think I decided to let my mother do the thinking so I called her mobile 4 times but she couldn't pick up because she was having a chat with the Governor. I AM MORE IMPORTANT! -.-

I love the fact that my mother is so simple and doesn't let anyone know she's been a Dato' for ages and refuses to answer when our maid calls her "Dato" but answers when she calls her "Doctor". She is also constantly bugging my dad to take off the Dato' sign from our car because she finds it absolutely unnecessary and self-indulgent. I would agree profusely. She is just so cute. If my mum is a Dato' does that make my dad a Datin? I also find it funny when she suddenly sings "WHO PAINTED THE MOON BLACK" in this really high voice while she is gardening and since all the walls of the houses in my neighbourhood are bloody hollow, the neighbours can probably hear her at full volume. She is also very amusing when she tells us all about the new plot for her detective story which she has been planning to write since she was young(er). It involves Penang Club, rich old Chinese ladies who love crime novels and thrillers, and of course she'll manage to slip in a nice old cosy English cottage with flowers somewhere because that is her ultimate dream home.

I accidentally cut off half of my fingernail when cutting my fruits so now I have a bloody finger as well as a bloody foot.

Bloody haze doesn't help either.

No comments: