Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Poor Lovely Man

Since I haven't blogged about him for quite a while, I will entertain and enlighten all of you, O Readers of my Blog.

Selection of quotes by Rafael Nadal:

After the Australian Open final -
"I just win for sure an important title for my career. But I no better five hours before than now, no? That's the true, no? When you win an important match, but you have to know before the match who you are and after the match you have to know who you are, too. You are the same, no?"

After the match against Andy Roddick
"If I'm not playing at my best level normally I didn't have a lot of loses in first, second round. Hopefully. You understand right now, no? But, yeah, that's what I did well all my career, no? That's a mentality thing: Being positive and accept if you are not playing your best, you have to fight.

BNP Paribas Open Indian Wells
After the final against Andy Murray
"You're asking every day to improve, and I would love to continuing to improve all my life. I'm trying to improve always. But, you know, improve, if you watch me yesterday, what I improve from yesterday to today, I didn't improve nothing. That's the true. Every day, asked the same question, and I answer the same question. Sure, I would love to continue improve the serve, the volley, the winner, play more inside the court and more aggressive. But that's a process. I think I improve it for the last few years, but I have to continuing improve."

After his loss to Juan-Martin Del Potro in Miami -
"I played really bad all the time. When I have it 3-love in the third, I played worse. It was amazing disaster."

After the semi final in Madrid against Novak Djokovic -
"If I don’t fight here (in Spain), when am I going to fight?"

BNP Paribas Open Indian Wells -
At the press conference after his quarterfinal win over Juan-Martin del Potro, Nadal showed up with two chocolate chip cookies and started to eat them. His reponse to the questions about this -
"My opinion, you can eat everything. Well, before the match maybe don't have five cookies or one steak, but my opinion, you can eat everything in the right time. If I eat right now, 20 cookies, maybe I gonna have indigestion tonight. If I eat two, three cookies, maybe it's OK. Maybe not for the stomach, no, but for the head it's better. In the end, the important thing is to be mentally okay."

And finally, from his press conference in Indian Wells after he and Marc Lopez won their first round doubles match.
Q. Roger Federer and Allegro took two games from the Bryans. Do you have a target higher than that?
RAFAEL NADAL: Win three.


(Taken from www.vamosbrigade.com)

No comments: