Sunday, August 3, 2008

the writer should not be forced
to write,
nor the poet
to rhyme.
the dancer must dance
of her own free will;
liberated,
rather than restricted.
the singer must sing
with her heart,
and the painter has to paint
not darkness but colour;
not blackness but light.
the musician should not be bound
by the notes of his melody,
nor the sculpturer
by his lifeless statue.
the observer must look
beyond the mere art,
to even get a glimpse
of the hidden meaning,
for does the lover not
love from within?

0740
030808



as she dances,
she becomes more than a dancer.
she becomes a curve
of perfection,
supple limbs, and
outstretched hands -
embracing the sky.
her body is a work of art,
a beautiful machine
set in motion,
her movement a rhythm,
her footsteps a melody.

a tendril of hair
escapes behind her ear.
her eyes closed,
a testament of rapture.
her hip so gracefully swung
to the underlying tune
of her heart's song.

i watch her,
and i can only dream,
of ever being a dancer,

myself.

0756
030808




First one I got the first few lines in my head while I was running this morning, I started while it was really dark and I ran and rose with the sun, but I couldn't bloody see the sky burst into flame and colour because of the damned haze, so that sucked.

Then I came back and wrote the next one while I was watching the Nadal-Djokovic match which MY MAN played rather horribly (1-6, 5-7). I guess he had a lot of pressure on him since he's now number one.

(Priya thank you for the poster!!! *kisses you and it* and for everything else!)
..and guys (Jing Min, Su, Jas, Priya) - thank you for the jelly cake.. I'm happy I ate it! It's A STEP. *cheers* and I did it for you and for me too! And I was very happy. Yay! I'm glad I feel good about it. I know I'm a weird ass freako but.. any confrontation with BREAKING A RULE is met with guilt and self-condemnation.. But I felt really good about what I did, and I'm really touched you guys thought of me quite so much. (Please expect a hand-made card each quite soon :P )

As for rest of weekend, well..
Saw Prof. Amir about my bones which are marginally worse than a post-menopausal woman's. Heh. So now they want to pump me with oestrogen. No way am I going to be bloody pumped with oestrogen! Did you know that there was this dude who started growing tits and they did some research and realised that it was because he'd been eating a lot of chicken neck (they inject oestrogen into chicken neck). And I don't want my tits to grow any larger, thank you very much.

Today is a bloody lazy day. Danny planned for me, him and his gf (who is taller than his short ass btw) to go play badminton but he being a lazy bum decided not to go. He also said that The Mummy is "no sucking good shit" which I did not comprehend and thus did not bother to reply.

Currently reading: Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns

Je m'ennuie. Ugh.

1 comment:

atiqah muhamad said...

i like what you wrote

i like it a lot