Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday

Pain like I've never felt before, pain searing up the sides of my thighs; aching, throbbing, burning, hurting, screaming PAIN, with every step I can feel the impact of the ground reverberating along my thudding limbs, one, two, thud, thud, PAIN. My poor, tense, strained fascia lata.

On the other hand, 16km in under 80 minutes isn't that bad. All I had to do was repeat to myself "I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL NO PAIN I AM A ROBOT I FEEL...."

.. and so on. Managed to sustain me 10 small rounds + 3 big rounds of the Gardens and to and from the car park. I was also mentally listening to DJ Dean in my head since I know the songs and the beat so well, it was like having my own silent trance radio station. I could practically hear the music, even though my iPod was at home in my room.

It's only 9 a.m. and I am already hungry and thirsty because this is normally my second breakfast time. Even though this morning at 4 a.m. I ate enough to make a glutton proud, I am already conditioned to post-run meals.. I want :( I will probably be severely dehydrated by later, so I shall carry lighter weights in Body Pump. Should I even go? Mum will kill me when I get back.

As I was running this morning, a group of those old Chinese men who talk very loudly, laugh non-stop and block the road kept clapping when they saw me and saying "WAAAHHH HO LIAO!". Thank you but O little man-dudes, you don't have to do it for 5 rounds. It gets a little awkward. Plus, if you want to allow me to run properly, you should KINDLY NOT BLOCK THE ROAD THANK YOU PLEASE MOVE THREE AND A HALF INCHES TO YOUR RIGHT. I showed them a thumbs up on the third round thinking they'd accept my acknowledgement and get on with their walk but Oh, No, We Must Cheer For The Crazy Little Girl Who Runs Like A Maniac Non Stop Every Time We See Her!

O my poor little leggies. Instantaneous gratification VS. permanent damage????? Choose O Wise One.

I finally finished all 647 pages of Midnight's Children, which I must say, is one of the worst books I have ever read. Salman Rushdie is blasphemous. I only stuck with it because I paid a whole lot for the damn thing, and once I start a book I make it a point to finish. Perseverance and all that.

BLOODY LEGS, I CAN FEEL THE ACHE EVEN NOW. IT ONLY SEEMS TO DISAPPEAR WHEN I AM RUNNING UPHILL. DOWNHILL, IT'S TERRIBLE. STANDING UP, IT'S TERRIBLE. SITTING DOWN, IT'S EVEN WORSE. DOES THIS CALL FOR SUSTAINED UPHILL MOVEMENTS THROUGHOUT THE DAY? NO, I AM MAD ENOUGH ALREADY.

I feel like reading a Psychology textbook. Ciao. Will rant more later.

No comments: