Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My 19th Birthday Party


So the morning sucked because it rained and I missed my routine 20km but all my lovely friends more than made up for it, you guys really really made my birthday party very special for me and it's something I will remember for a long long time.

Dad, Kakak and I spent most of the morning and post-lunch period preparing the food. There was a humungous tuna salad (tuna, lettuce, apples, oranges, pears, prunes, Portabello mushrooms), vegetable kebabs, corn on the cob, cheese crackers + cheese dip, rockmelon + grapes + strawberries + chocolate dip (Which was conveniently in front of Ada and Sheril the whole time), Bruschetta (tomatoes + onions + garlic + parsley), pasta (with basil seasoning and Parmesan cheese), and chocolate macadamias (from Sammie and Wai Kit, thanks guys!).

Note: 1.38 p.m. Message from Priya. "For the record, there's no such thing as a party without me ok!" ;)

So we makan-ed and chatted and took pictures under the rambutan tree. Thanks Sammie and Wai Kit again for grilling all the stuff, hehe! Wei Yun was fascinated by my cat, and gave her a hand orgy. The entertainment of the day was my electric pepper grinder. Upon demonstration, everyone went "Woaaaaah". Wei Yun then proceeded to put it back on the table, only the wrong way round. LOL! I could hear snippets of different stories being told around the table, and it just suddenly struck me how all these little things make us who we are; the accumulation of these seemingly tiny things comes to define the lines of our mad world. I felt lucky and blessed, to be surrounded by all these beautiful people who took the trouble to come and share today with me. Thank you.












Luckily it didn't rain while we were eating but it soon got dark so we took everything inside. Then I proceeded to open the presents.

Wahhhhh board game hand made by Mr. Sweaty Darren. So chun lar. Brilliant idea. And meticulously done too. Deck of cards, tokens, even a dice! My card is the best. Lol. Darren, thank you. Like I said, beyond words. :)

Can't wait to read this book from Jing Min. And thanks for the seaweed! I'll be eating a lot of seaweed for the next few weeks.... :P

Always wanted to try, but never got round to buying :) Thanks Sammie and Wai Kit! Shall taste it tomorrow.
Lolok... Contents beyond description :)

Yeah it's PURPLE. Thanks Sara and Evan.

Pretty pretty hairbands and belt + strawberries and nuts in jars from Panit and Su. So thoughtful guys, thanks. :)

Handmade by Ada with my picture inside. Lol.


And Wei Yun's lovely squishy strawberry which both Benjamin and Peter absolutely love.. Now there is some excitement in their life! Lol. It can also be used as a very fashionable hat:

(or perhaps Jasryn just makes it look fashionable as she does to everything :P)

Guys, thank you so much for making it happen, for making today so wonderful, for the letters, cards, hugs, smiles, laughter, for your presence - for taking the trouble to come. I hope you guys had fun and enjoyed yourselves. All of you really mean a lot to me. I couldn't ask for more.


No comments: