Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Morning; 070809

This morning, did 8km while listening to Linkin Park. I actually managed to almost finish their whole Meteora album, which just goes to show how very slow I was running (i.e. it took me 40 minutes). My muscles are still super tight from all that work I did on my ass yesterday in the gym (My mum would say: "What ass? You have no bum!" Har har, Mum). I like this ache. This kind of ache is very nice. The post-workout ache. I also quite enjoy the during-workout pain. Tis lovely. It feels like your muscles are on fire.

This morning I woke up and hated Sally with an insistent and intense vehemence that alarmed me. I know, embrace one's flaws, etc, etc. But Sally is annoying. She's the only thing I can't seem to get rid of. Or maybe she's just my imaginary friend (foe?).

Any attempt at creating a piece of artistic or meaningful poetry seems to be thwarted by the severe drying up of my shrivelled, underused and understimulated brain. Where is the flow of words being channelled to? FREUD, TELL ME, YOU OLD FART. WHAT DOES MY SAD PREDICAMENT COME TO SIGNIFY? HUH? HUH!? (An incomplete childhood and overinvestment of libido at the anal stage resulting in developmental arrestation at that particular point of life, thus causing residual anal behaviours to be carried forward to adulthood). I just made that sentence up by the way. Seems like all that info is swimming around somewhere. I am definitely anal-retentive. And to a certain extent, oral-aggressive. Maybe a mixure of 70%/30%?

Why the hell am I writing all this crap down? I honestly have nothing to think of. My intellectual capacity is being insulted. I need something to focus on; a goal.

Thought of the day: Challenge yourself everyday, try something new.

Things I Should Do:
1. Stop peeling my toenails
2. Stock up on glycogen reserves before fasting month
3. Give my mother hugs more often
4. Read the Quran every night
5. Stop spending so much money on unnecessary things (Why the hell did I buy an RM27 Rubik's cube?)
6. Allocate more time and attention for my lovely man and future husband Rafael Nadal who will be returning to play in the Roger's Cup in Montreal
7. Start getting fitter Goddammit
8. Stop buying any more jackets (19 IS ENOUGH! ENOUGH!)
9. Donate some money and things to charity
10. Trim the back hedge
11. Wear gloves and long sleeves when I'm trimming the back hedge so I don't get cuts all over my arms like the other time
12. Stop consuming as much vegetable and fruit matter as a hippopotamus (the 30 apples that my Dad bought are diminishing very quickly. I think there are only 14 left). My dad said I remind him of the hippopotamuses (hippopotami?) at the zoo: During meal times a bucket of fruits is thrown into their happily gaping mouths. Nice to know, Dad.

I've already wasted unnecessary time on this unnecessary post. See you later.

No comments: