Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Old poem and then new poem

the candle still burns
throughout the cold days
reminding me of something lost
and words once said.
everything we knew
was gone in a second
and even a smile
won't help it mend.
i still can't explain it
how everything went away
and how i think of you
when i sleep and pray.
and when i cry
like there's no tomorrow
there're no tears in my eyes
only sorrow

2255 250605


i close the door
to the place where
everything threatens to spill out.
all those little feelings
that danced
around my head
and threaded my heart,
they're all gone now.

each little step i take,
away from this door,
that's holding all i know behind it -
my lips are spelling your name.
but there aren't enough letters
to carry me through.
so i'll have to leave you here
and go on alone.

each little move i make
is bringing me further away,
and so i close the door,

to you.

1057 pm
090808

No comments: