Thursday, September 24, 2009

KL Trip


I should be continuing my anatomy lectures by Marian Diamond but never mind, I shall write about my KL trip:

Left Penang on Saturday at 12 something p.m. Parents had to wait for me to finish RPM and Circuit :P. We reached my uncle's house in 3 hours 30 minutes. My mum was driving for the first time. She hit 140km/h for a lot of the way. Mad woman. And she tells me I drive fast.

Rested until it was time to break fast and then we ate a bit at home (Me with my huge bowl of veggies and fruits, everyone else with lots of biscuits and all manner of kuihs). Then we got ready and went to this Japanese retaurant in a hotel next to .. some mall. There are too many malls in KL, I lose track. I had octopus and salmon and tuna and scallop sashimi (i.e. I ate a lot). Raw seafood. Wow. Well, everyone was saying I needed to put on weight anyway so yeah whatever.. Just let go. You know how much the final bill was? RM900 something. The 'something' was closer to 1000 than it was to 900. My poor uncle.

THE NEXT MORNING WAS RAYA! Yay. I had a slow run and was bathed, dressed and had eaten by 8. My cousins hadn't even gotten up. The maid was damn surprised when I asked her to open the door at 6.45 a.m. She was unused to such odd morning behaviour (my cousins don't normally get up before 11 unless there is something urgent). Anyway. People started arriving at ten-ish. We salaam-ed, received duit raya, the normal formalities. Then we went visiting. Oh God there was like rendang and ketupat everywhere. My dad had eaten 5 big meals by 2 p.m. When I say big, I mean like, plates of rice and sate and all the Malay food that I don't know the names of. I brought 6 apples and 4 pears in my bag, a can of tuna and a huge tupperware of veggies. Lol. Just in case. I kept pulling food out of my bag. My relatives thought I had a mini-fridge in there.

More duit raya and houses blablabla. Tiring lah.

Some pics:








Next day we went to a few more houses. Then in the afternoon we went shopping! But only briefly. Er. I bought a lot in a short span of time, just like I always do. We went shopping on Tuesday too. A list of purchased items: Two sets of pajamas from Women's Secret, a pair of Grendha flip flops, a blue Adidas cap (I don't know for what since I never wear caps), 7 books from MPH, two necklaces, 5 pairs of earrings, two shirts from Kitschen, and I'm sure there was something else but I can't remember at the moment.

It was really nice spending time with the family after so long. They're such a fun bunch. But I really was itching to go home and get back to my normal, predictable, safe routine, e.g. 18km this morning and ABT at the gym at 11 a.m. That is the life :)

BTW Illy coffee is really, really, really good. Ok I'm going for a nice relaxing cycle now. CIAO!

No comments: