Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tea for Three

So yesterday, Sara, Wei Yun and I had afternoon tea right after lunch at Winter Warmers. I've never exactly frequented the place as it initially looked too frilly for my liking. However I have decided that I shall change my mind. I suppose it is rather nice (although that may have been more due to the wonderful company than anything else). So WY and Sara ordered tea for two and me a fruit salad because I'm such a noob. We chose Darjeeling tea because Sara's mum drinks Darjeeling tea and Wei Yun ordered a Midnight Kiss because she was feeling... frisky. Contrary to our original plans, we WERE on the ground floor at 3 o'clock, luckily for Wei Yun no unintended falling apart of concealed secret occurred (inside joke!) As we were chatting Sara kept getting distracted by the potato bake:


In fact she studied the picture for a whopping 20 mins or more and kept saying "I waaant". Oh, and I forgot to mention that I went to a TEA HOUSE for AFTERNOON TEA and I ordered a COFFEE (Less water, please. Or you can add an extra shot, Mr. Waiter who looks like an uncle). But I suppose WY and Sara are so used to my nonsensicalities (yay new word I created) anyway.
We waited for quite a while for the tea for two (three) to arrive. While waiting, I started peeling the plastic off the menu:



To Wei Yun's delight, I also started flapping my arms:



My sad little fruit salad came first. They put whipping cream on top with a cherry and some weird ass sauce which Sara said tasted like thousand island but was in fact purple with spots in it:


I like making things messy so I put the cherry into the dressing. I was also planning to mash everything else into a pulp but decided against it. Apparently the peaches were fizzy. You really wonder what they put into these things.

The fruit salad sucked but of course I had my back up apples and pears in my gym bag which I carry around with me everywhere (both the apples and pears and the gym bag). So I was munching away. I realised that almost all pictures of me include me having something in my mouth. A big something:



This is an acquired skill, I assure you.

Then Wei Yun's Midnight Kiss arrived. Sara in complete ecstasy:

(She only stopped momentarily from looking at the cheese bake to do this)

The tea for two was quite disappointing though. One look at the biscuits and WY and Sara exclaimed "FROM PACKET WAN!!" Me: "Weeeell, they MAY have baked it"... to which both of them adamantly replied "NO, FROM PACKET WAN!!".... Ok, I wouldn't know. All the pictures of the tea for two set are quite sad so I won't bother posting them here. The cakes were left half unfinished anyway. My favourite pic of the day:


Sara looking at her milk and smiling before she poured it.

I think Sara was probably secretly delighted that the tea sucked because then she could order her potato bake. I suppose I have to post a picture of the infamous potato bake:



I think it was about then that I pointed out the way the oranges were cut looked like a hand with a middle finger.


.... although this is not clearly visible.

Me enjoying my coffee:


(this was my second cup because one just wasn't enough).

Ok then after I finished my coffee and my back up apples and pears I had nothing to do with my hands so I started putting together the unused packets of brown sugar, white sugar and creamer and unconsciously arranged them until WY pointed out they looked like the Parkroyal sign (subliminal psychodynamic activation anyone? :P):


Look at Wei Yun's thumb it's so cute.

Anyway, after tea, coffee, and potato bake were finished, we were all stuffed. I also felt like buying something. This seems to be a constant state I am in. So I bought a set of two teacups and two saucers which cost a whopping RM119.90. I do not know what is wrong with me. It means that one cup costs RM30. And the damn saucer costs RM30 too. WY kept reiterating that "it's for the happiness of your mother's heart". At least it was really pretty which is why I went "Oooooh" in the first place:


Then the stupid guy took about a gazillion years to find the damn box and it wasn't even the right one. He couldn't fit the cups into the box properly and tried to force the stupid lid shut until I stopped him, turned the cups the other way, and closed the box. The lid fit perfectly. His exact words: "Oh, wise choice". Gee, thanks Mr. Genius Waiter who looks like a Chinese uncle!

So overall it was an excellent, excellent afternoon and I had so much fun. Right before we left we took some shots (where both WY and I took turns looking horrible so we had to retake the shot about 5 times):



But hey, here we are, and damn right we look good.

No comments: