Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm on a roll

Wow, three posts in one day - Understandable and forgivable considering the severe restricting conditions of shutting-myself-up-in-hidey-hole before and during exams. I find there is absolutely nothing to do at the moment; I am so used to coming home and burying my mushroom nose in a text book or staring for hours at the computer screen doing past exam papers. Now it's just listless boredom. I even bought Gray's Anatomy (No, not the silly TV series where doctors fall in love with other doctors and sleep with other doctors' partners). I mean the actual, original textbook "Gray's Anatomy" which actually has something to do with the inner mechanisms and functioning of the human body. I haven't started it yet as that shall be a task for another day (Indulgence? :P). Oh how I do love to sink my teeth into something intellectual.

Well, today was a lovely day, except the morning part because considering the fact I had slept at 2.00 a.m. so I woke up at 6.30 to pray but then fell back asleep again, and rewoke up at around 10, which is ridiculous, because that means half the day is basically gone. It's so much nicer to wake up at a proper, healthy 6 a.m. to 6.30 a.m. because you just get so much more done (i.e. breakfast, run, shower, coffee, morning tea) instead of just lying with your face stuffed into a pillow. Since I missed my run, I skipped 2500 times (heh) to my parents' consternation as they were having lunch in the next room and I was grunting and swearing half the time (Me skipping is rather intense, and my mother hates the fact that I exercise anyway since she thinks my bones are going to break and I am on the verge of collapse, which I am not, since I don't allow myself to be. This is an extremely long expletive).

So after skipping I had a huge lunch and then I got ready to go out with Lovely Lady Jasryn. Plans to visit Straits Settlements went down the drain and we had an excellent time in Gurney instead. I bought a dress which I shouldn't have, as I am sure I will find something nicer and end up buying that too. I deserve to rot in hell for my indulgences. I am lucky Jasryn was with me otherwise I would have bought 4 earring pairs instead of only 2. I am a sucker for nice shop keepers because I can never say no if they're nice. This cost me about 200 bucks today. Did I tell you I deserve to rot in hell for my indulgences?

Anyway apart from buying dresses and earrings we went to Winter Warmers which is Jasryn's fave tea parlour and I ordered an Americano and told them to put less water and an extra shot but it ended up tasting like instant coffee that was particularly insipid anyway so I ended up not finishing it. Had my customary organic apple (I always have an apple in my hand or mouth) which costs about 5 bucks per apple so every bite was literally, what, 50 cents? Hah. I really should start saving. But the word doesn't seem to exist in my vocabulary. Especially when it comes to sexy running shoes. I suppose all the grades and achievements etc. make up for my spending??? For photos of my day, please adjourn to Facebook as Jasryn has kindly posted them there.

I am not used to writing such long posts, perhaps I shall stop here before I kill everyone with my banality. Ciao. Hopefully I will have an orgasmic run tomorrow and then I can tell you all about it. But since there's haze I doubt I will be able to have the full connect-with-nature experience that I get off and on. That happens the most when there is no wind and I can see the sun rising as I run from my gate (because the first part of the road is directed towards East) so there is explosion of red and pink in the horizon. I'm rambling on again. Ciao.

1 comment:

Halim 'dexter' Nasri said...

wow?! incredible.....didn't run but u skipping....im really impress with u....tough girl..haha...