Friday, May 15, 2009

Translation

Sarah, elle est belle mais seulement quand elle pleure (Sarah she is beautiful but only when she cries)
Quand elle voit sa mère au fond d'son verre (When she sees her mother at the base of her glass)
Et ce, quelque soit l'heure (Sounds weird when translated)
J'ai vu tellement de feux éteints dans les yeux de Sarah (I saw dull lights in the eyes of Sarah)
Et la peur des lendemains, bien cachée dans sa voix (and the fear of days to come, well hidden in her voice)
Alors pourquoi moi? (So why me?_

On peut la voir sourire parfois depuis que son père dort (One can see her smile sometimes since her father died)
Il était bien trop triste et bien trop fort mais depuis qu'il est mort (He was very sad and very strong but since he died)
Sarah sait qu'il existe sous les cerisiers blancs (Sarah knows that he still lives under the white cherry trees)
L'espoir d'un reve égoïste de vivre seulement (The hope of a selfish dream to live alone)

Alors pourquoi moi? (So why me)
Alors pourquoi moi?

J'ai eu la vie facile mais je n'servais à rien (I had an easy life but it was for nothing)
Puis j'ai partagé sa peine,aujourd'hui je suis quelqu'un (Then I shared her pain and today I am somebody)
Sarah,reine des femmes,devant elle je m'incline (Sarah, queen of women, before her I bow)
Car je peux voir ce matin un ange dans ma cuisine (Because I can see this morning an angel in my kitchen)

Sarah elle est belle mais seulement quand elle est nue (Sarah she is beautiful but only when she is naked.. Ok that is a direct translation but it could implicitly mean bare/stripped of emotions)
Le corp tendue par ses grands airs,mes doigts collés à sa nuque (Her body uh.. stretched/tightened? by her grand manners, my fingers clutching at the nape of her neck. Ok this indicates that perhaps the first "nue" meant naked.)
Oh!Sarah,reine des femmes,devant elle je m'incline (Oh Sarah! Queen of women, before her I bow)
Car je peux voir ce matin un ange... (Because I can see this morning an angel)
Un ange (An angel)



It really sounds nicer in French, honest
GO DOWNLOAD THE SONG
SARAH - Kyo

2 comments:

Lisa! said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6LTFPRbY3Q

Random, but my favorite French song yet. I think you might like it too!

I wish I continued with French B in the IB. You're really good! ;D

Anonymous said...

Har har no I'm not man.. After IB I'm going to go start taking extra lessons :D