Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hello my little people


Sorry for the severe lack of updates. Just didn't really have much to tell you about what's going on in my life right now. Got lovely late birthday presents from Sarah B and Mum (black Nike jacket with sparkles, long sleeve pink T and another white Reebok shirt). I started doing Maths exercises again. It's a relief to get the brain working. I can't believe I've been stagnant for so long. I feel like such a redundant fool. Did some medical check ups and took a couple of jabs yesterday. Filled in forms for the scholarship. Very troublesome. I spent about 5 hours just filling up three quarters and there's still so much to be done: passport, Visa, blablabla.

I really think I need help to curb my shopping. Went to Queensbay on Saturday and for no apparent reason besides the fact they were 50% off, I bought three Billabong shirts and a hat (even though I already have 6 hats and they're all very similar). I don't even wear hats to go out here. I always think "Aiyah what's the point, just going to Gurney only". So why do I buy? Good question. No answer. On that Saturday, Adidas was having a foot scanning thing to check what kind of feet you have and the degree of pronation. Well since I had nothing to do I checked mine out, but the line for the consultation was too long and the guy said they would be going to Gardens the next morning so I could just meet them there. So I said OK. He asked "Are you a runner?" I said "Hell yes I am" He said "You don't look like one". I just kept quiet. The next morning I was running in the Gardens and at around 6.30 a.m. I saw some Adidas people come set up their little booth. I continued running. On my 5th round it started to pour. Like, really heavily. I continued running. I was super soaked and it was super cold. Bloody fantastic. I ran faster. Passed the stupid little Adidas booth again and again. Finally when I finished I went up to the same guy I had met yesterday and said "Still don't think I look like a runner?" He was the one who kept quiet this time. They'd kind of packed up because the rain was so heavy. I still wanted a foot consultation though. So this other guy checked my foot. He said that I have normal feet but I over-pronate (I already know that). Apparently I need shoes with higher soles in the middle. But I love my Nike frees! Especially my 3.0. It's like running barefoot. So so so wonderful. Makes me feel more of an animal. Wait, do I want to be an animal or do I want to be a Kenyan?

Anyway after that I bathed and had TO MISS RPM BECAUSE IT WAS AH KONG'S 93RD BIRTHDAY. -.- Family reunions are excruciating. I went to take a passport photo as well but I was wearing red so I had to buy a black shirt since the black coat at the photo shop was too big. So we went into the first clothes shop we saw and not only did I buy a black shirt but of course I bought black heels as well (but they are lovely).



Now how could anyone not buy that?

And then after Sunday was Monday and then today is Tuesday and nothing substantial has happened. Bai

No comments: