Saturday, May 17, 2008

Exams

Poems i wrote recently


Bright lights
against the
Black highway
speeding by so
Fast i can hardly
tell if i'm moving or
Is it you that's
flying by so quickly
Even as i speak i know
You're drifting away
From my fingertips trailing
Against the window pane
Rivulets of rain
running along the glass

Escaping

But i'm forever trapped

Right here

2002 130508


Happy Faces

Beneath these shiny faces
I sense all that glitters
Is stone cold malice:
A sheen of lies, sinister
Underneath the surface
Of the stretched skin,
Pulled so taut across nose and
Cheek bones, in
These laughing eyes
I see some happiness that dies.
In these dancing hands and feet
I know of lovers that never meet
They stare with plastic faces
At each other,
from afar
A hundred paces,
From each other's heart.

0712 130508

1 comment:

lmk said...

Hmm.. I like your poems though your style have changed, huh. I like the imagery the first poem gives.