Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections

This year I:

1. Learned that the only way forward is to push
2. And that sometimes you have to stop thinking
3. Ran a 26km race and got fifth
4. Gained an abundance of pimples on my forehead
5. Discovered that there is an underlying, cynical truth to Freud's theories
6. Turned 18 but not into a woman
7. Lost nine of my toenails
8. Realised that I am inherently selfish
9. Realised that I am inherently spiteful
10. Lost self-confidence
11. Gained some weight
12. Found a competitor
13. Started writing prose again
14. Planned the development of my book (I promise it will be published soon)
15. Started a blog
16. Learned French
17. Went to Paris and London
18. Ran in Hyde Park and les Jardins de Tuilleries
19. Joined the gym
20. Gained an obsession over Rafael(s)
21. Started scrapbooking
22. Lost a connection with ( )
23. Stopped caring about ( )
24. Realised how much I miss the people in Saint George's and the familiarity with which I carried myself there.
25. Discovered that the human mind is the most damn fascinating thing in the universe.
26. Become periodically filled with unexplained anger
27. and am confused as to the lack of aetiology of my actions and thoughts
28. Gave up the chance of ( )
29. Started spending incessant amounts of money on unnecessary things
30. and an incessant amount of energy on futile thoughts
31. Learned that I never do what I need
32. and always do what I want
33. and the fact that I am perfectly aware of what I need to do
34. but I never do it.
35. And I bloody well learned that in actual fact,
36. I have learned nothing at all.

No comments: